Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some People...

I have never been one to understand just WHY people do or say some things, however I am disgusted by peoples actions.  Everyday we see poor children suffering from bullying, we see depression in teenagers and young adults and then we see downright patheticism from grown a** adults.  What is the point about being nasty, dirty and lying? 

One thing that really stands out to me is a saying in my Sorority Prayer: 

"never speak evil of a sister's good name" 

We may not all be "sisters" or even close to related, but we all are children of someone and we are all lucky enough to see the light of day each morning when we awake, so why waste our days pulling others down, rather then lifting them up?

Some people in this world and in my life speak negatively of others, and I am adult enough to admit that I have done this myself.  Does it feel good at the time? Maybe, but really I end the day feeling guilty that I even put myself on that sub-par level.   Even worse then stooping that low are those who stalk and some even plot against other people.  Really, what are they doing besides proving they have nothing better in their life then that focus?
In my eyes, you can say what you will... because ultimately you are living a miserable life OBSESSING about my life, while I am actually LIVING my life. 

Do not get me wrong, I have made some mistakes in my life - I am NO angel (despite what Tony tells me).   I have also spoke negatively about others and thought nasty thoughts - but then again I was also in my late-teens/early 20's and probably PMS'ing.  I have learned since then and I can say for a FACT that I have grown up and above those actions. I also realized quickly that my actions were closely related to the negative people I had surrounding me in my life and once I was able to "clean house" so to speak - the drama and negativity have disappeared.  FINALLY, a breathe of fresh air.

I just hope that someday people will wake up and realize that being an adult means not acting like a child.  Hating someone out of pure jealously or lack or intelligence will get you no where in this world.  And on that note and this point in time I would like to thank my haters...  because without your nasty and negative words, I would not have realized just how amazing my life has turned out to be!  

Oh, and pretty please be an adult. If you dislike me, then tell me. I am okay with it!  Resorting to pathetic Twitter/Facebook/Internet posts only proves how much you are obsessing and how sad you really are.  Use Social Media for what it is for... sharing your happiness and your achievements  - I promise this will help you!
  
And actually, I really feel that the new Taylor Swift song, MEAN applies to thoughts on my haters, so enjoy it:

 



Xo,

Jenny Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment