Monday, April 4, 2011

Did you spend $5 today?

Things to think about:  Did you spend $5 today on something you really didn't need? Did you toss a water bottle in the trash that was half full? Did you leave the faucet running as you brushed your teeth this morning? 

Fact: 3900 children die each day from water borne diseases
Fact: 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to clean water for drinking

The Cause: As most of my family and friends know, I am working on raising money for MyGenerosity.org to build a well  in Liberia, Ghana, India, or Peru.  These 4 countries are currently lacking access to clean water, leaving villages mourning the loss of their loved ones due to water borne diseases.  

How it works: 




Currently I have raised $685and it costs $3,000 to build a well.  My goal is to have this completed by my birthday in August!  Which means I have 5 months to raise $2,315 (more then doable) - and anything over will go towards a second well! 


All proceeds go directly to MyGenerosity.org  -  to donate, please go to my fundraising page: http://www.mygenerositywater.org/jennylynn

Even the smallest donation helps! Pay it forward ~ 


XO, 

Jenny Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment